Steve Schimoler: Cooking with Kinetico Water—Chicken Stock Recipe
Based on Steve’s passion for cooking, innovation and creating the best flavor in his recipes, he realizes that no ingredient is to be overlooked, including water. In 2012, Steve teamed with Kinetico to prove the notion that purified water is core to creating great-tasting dishes in his restaurant and in the home. Read more about culinary expert Steve Schimoler.
This Thanksgiving, impress your guests by making your own gravy. Of course, the start to a great gravy—or soups, sauces, risotto and more—begins with a delicious chicken stock. And the number one ingredient that makes the stock a success is…purified water.
|Bones of 3 Chickens|
|Celery||2 cups, diced|
|Onion||2 cups, diced|
|Carrots||2 cups, diced|
|Kinetico Reverse Osmosis Water||1½ gallons|
- Add all the vegetable to an oven-proof casserole or roasting pan.
- Place the chicken bones on top and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in a 350 degree oven for 45–60 minutes until the bones and veggies are nicely browned and caramelized.
- Place in a large stock pot and add the roasted veggies and chicken.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer for 3 hours.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer or Chinois.
- Store in clean containers and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for future use.