By Guest Bloggers, http://www.kinetico.com/blog/post/steve-schimoler-holiday-gravy.aspx
Based on Steve’s passion for cooking, innovation and creating the best flavor in his recipes, he realizes that no ingredient is to be overlooked, including water. In 2012, Steve teamed with Kinetico to prove the notion that purified water is core to creating great-tasting dishes in his restaurant and in the home. Read more about culinary expert Steve Schimoler.
Making your own gravy seems time-consuming, but it’s worth the effort because it makes all the difference in your holiday meal. The only debate you might face is how thick…or thin to make it. But if you’re doing the cooking, it’s your call.
|Chicken Stock||2 quarts|
|Unsalted Butter||2 TBSP|
|Shallots or Onion||2 TBSP, minced|
|Dijon Mustard||1 TBSP|
|Corn Starch||3 TBSP|
|Kinetico Reverse Osmosis Water||4 TBSP|
- Sauté the shallots with the butter for 2 minutes while stirring.
- Add the Chicken stock and Dijon Mustard and bring to a boil.
- Blend the corn starch and RO water till milky and smooth.
- Whisk in the starch and reduce heat to simmer and wisk continually till it starts to thicken
- Add the tarragon and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store refrigerated for 2–3 days.