By Guest Bloggers, http://www.kinetico.com/blog/post/steve-schimoler-butternut-squash-soup.aspx
Based on Steve’s passion for cooking, innovation and creating the best flavor in his recipes, he realizes that no ingredient is to be overlooked, including water. In 2012, Steve teamed with Kinetico to prove the notion that purified water is core to creating great-tasting dishes in his restaurant and in the home. Read more about culinary expert Steve Schimoler.
I love to incorporate the flavors of fall into my cooking, such as a delicious Butternut Squash Soup. Of course, in addition to the squash, the other necessary ingredient is purified water. In my latest video below, you’ll see how to make a great-tasting soup that captures the essence of autumn.
Butternut Squash Soup
|Kinetico Reverse Osmosis Water||2 quarts|
|Butternut Squash||2 quarts (1 large squash), seeded and cubed|
|Unsalted Butter||2 TBSP|
|Onion||2 cups, diced|
|Celery||2 cups, diced|
|Apples||2 cups, diced|
|Salt and Pepper to Taste|
- Prepare all the vegetables ahead of time.
- In a large stock pot, add the butter and sauté all the vegetables till sweated, and start to become tender.
- Add the RO water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 35–45 minutes.
- Cool to at least 80°F (26°C) before blending.
- Add to a food processor or blender and puree till smooth and creamy texture.
- Adjust seasonings and when ready to use, heat to a boil and serve immediately. Feel free to garnish with some fresh herbs or julienned apples.