Steve Schimoler: Cooking with Kinetico Water—Corn Bread Stuffing Recipe
Based on Steve’s passion for cooking, innovation and creating the best flavor in his recipes, he realizes that no ingredient is to be overlooked, including water. In 2012, Steve teamed with Kinetico to prove the notion that purified water is core to creating great-tasting dishes in his restaurant and in the home. Read more about culinary expert Steve Schimoler.
Stuffing is loved by everyone in my family—even if each of us believes we have the best recipe. My favorite is this corn bread stuffing. I even use it on sandwiches at the restaurant. Make a batch for your guests and be prepared for rave reviews.
Corn Bread Stuffing
|Corn Bread||2 qts, 1″ cubes|
|Unsalted Butter||4 TBSP|
|Celery||1 cup, diced|
|Onions||1.5 cups, diced|
|Carrots||1 cup, diced|
|Kinetico Reverse Osmosis Water||3 cups|
|Fresh Sage||1 TBSP, minced|
|Fresh Rosemary||1 TBSP|
- Make the corn bread per your recipe, let dry overnight and cube into 1 inch by 1 inch cubes.
- Dice all the vegetables and sauté in a large sauté pan till they just start to brown on the edges.
- Add the 3 cups of RO Water.
- Season with Salt and pepper and add the sage and rosemary, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the vegetable mixture to the corn bread and add the honey and gently fold till just mixed.
- Place in ovenproof casserole dish and bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.